Сергей Есенин. Избранные стихотворения на англ. языке
Конкурс "Мир боевых искусств. Wuxia" Переводы на Amazon!
Конкурсы романов на Author.Today
Конкурс Наследница на Прода
Устали от серых будней?
[Создай аудиокнигу за 15 минут]
Диктор озвучит книги за 42 рубля
Комментарии: 2, последний от 18/08/2018.
Размещен: 16/11/2007, изменен: 14/07/2008. 87k.
Сергей Есенин. Сборник стихотворений на английском языке. Перевод А. С. Вагапова См. собрание сочинений Сергея Есениня: http://az.lib.ru/e/esenin_s_a/
Click to see Sergey Yesenin's autobiography
Collection of Poems
Translated by Alec Vagapov
1. Scarlet Light Of Sunset...
2. The Night
3. What Is Gone Cannot Be Retrieved...
4. My Life
5. The Stars
6. You Were Crying On A Quiet Night...
7. Canes Have Started Rustling ...
8. Trinity Devotions. Morning Cannon Rite...
9. I'm A Shepherd, And My Parlours...
10. White Is The Sweatshirt, And Red Is The Sash...
11. I'm Tired Of Living In My Land...
12. The Witch
13. I'm Back At Home. My Dear Land...
14. I Will Not Be Wandering About
15. Over There Beyond Fields Of Yellow...
16. Like Smoke In The Room You Are Out Of View...
17. I Do Believe In Happiness...
18. Silver Bluebell, Are You Singing...
19. I Have Left My Endeared Home...
20. There's the silly elation...
21. Silver road, I wonder where...
22. My Love Has Changed. I Know You Feel...
23. I Do Not Regret, And I Do Not Shed Tears...
24. Sing, Old Man, To The Bloody Guitar....
25. I Will Not Deceive Myself...
26. Yes! It's Settled! Now And For Ever...
27. Azure Space Is Aflame Up Above...
28. Both This Street And This Little House
29. .It's Sad To Look At You, My Love...
30. Let's Sit Down Here, My Dearest
31. You Have Been Used By Someone Else ...
32. We'll Depart This World For Ever, Surely...
33. Don't Torment Me With Coldness And Stiffness...
34. Little House With Light Blue Shutters...
35. .A Letter To The Mother
36. Now My Grief Won't Be Spilt By The Ringing...
37. A Letter To The Woman
38. The Golden Birch-Tree Grove Has Fallen Silent...
39. The Snowstorm Is Crying Like Romany...
40. Oh My Dear Maple, Frozen Stiff And Bare...
41. Blue Is The Fog, The Expanse Is Snow-Bound...
42. Blue Is The Night, And The Moon Is Glancing ...
43. Snow-Clad Is The Plain, And...
44. Snowdrift, Piled Up, Is Now Brittle And Callous...
45. Don't Fall, My Little Star, Keep Shining...
46. Life Is Tricky With Enchanting Pathos...
47. I haven't forgotten you, dearie...
48. The Flowers Say Good-Bye To Me...
49. Leaves Are Falling Here And Yonder...
50. Don't You Force A Smile, Girl...
51. The Snow Is Whirling Lively And Strong...
52. Oh, What A Night! I Cannot Sleep...
53. Don't You Look At Me So Reproachfully...
54. You Don't Love Me And Don't Feel Compassion
55. Maybe, It's Too Late Or, Maybe, Early...
Scarlet light of sunset shows up on the lake.
Grouses are crying in the wood, awake.
Hidden in a hollow, cries an oriole.
I don't feel like crying, brightness in my soul.
You'll come out to meet me later in the day,
We'll sit down there under stack of hay.
I will kiss and squeeze you, like a loving boy!
One can't blame a man for being drunk with joy.
You will chuck your kerchief as I hold you tight,
I will keep you, tipsy, in the bush all night.
Let the birds keep crying as we neck and bask
There's a happy yearning in the purple dusk.
The tired day droops, slowly waning ,
The noisy waves are now tranquil.
The sun has set, the moon is sailing
Above the world, absorbed and still.
The valley listens to the babbles
Of peaceful river in the dale.
The forest, dark and bending, slumbers
To warbling of the nightingale.
The river, listening in and fondling,
Talks with the banks in quiet hush.
And up above resounds, a-rolling,
The merry rustle of the rush.
WHAT IS GONE CANNOT BE RETRIEVED
Lovely night I will never retrieve it,
And I won't see my sweet precious love.
And the nightingale's song, I won't hear it,
Happy song that it sang in the grove!
That sweet night is now gone irrevocably
You can't tell it: please come back and wait.
Autumn weather has now set in locally,
With perpetual rains, damp and wet.
Fast asleep in the grave is my sweetheart
Keeping love, as before, in her heart.
And however it tries, autumn blizzard
Cannot wake her from sleep, flesh and blood.
So the nightingale's singing has ended,
As the song-bird has taken to flight,
And I can't hear the song now, so splendid,
Which it sang on that sweet chilly night.
Gone and lost are the joyous emotions
That I felt in those days and conceived.
All I have now is chill in my conscience.
What is gone can't be ever retrieved.
Stars little stars, you're so high and so clear!
What have you got in you, so fascinating?
Stars, deep in thought, so discreet you appear,
What is the power that makes you so tempting?
Stars, little stars, you're so dense and so solid!
What is it that makes you so great and alluring?
How can you, heavenly bodies, afford it:
Stirring a thirst and desire for learning?
Why, as you shine, are you nice and inviting
Into your wide open arms, on the instant?
Pleasing the heart, so benign and enticing,
Heavenly stars, so remote and so distant!
It appears, my life is fated to torment;
My way is dammed up by grief and distress.
My life has been severed from fun and enjoyment,
Vexation and wounds are afflicting my chest.
It seems I'm fated to suffer from pain.
All I have in this life are bad luck and misfortune.
I have suffered enough in this life, and again
Both my body and soul have been put to the torture.
The expanse, vast and hazy, promises joy,
Sighs and tears, however, are the real solutions.
A storm will break out, the thunder - oh boy! -
Will ruin the magical luscious illusions.
Now I know life's deception, and nevertheless
I don't want to complain of bad luck and misfortune.
So my soul doesn't suffer from grief and distress,
No one ever can help to relieve me from torture.
You were crying on a quiet night,
Those tears in your eyes you weren't hiding,
I was so sad, it was a real plight,
And yet we couldn't overcome misunderstanding.
Now you are gone, I'm here, on my own,
My dreams have faded, losing tint and colour,
You left me, and again I am all alone,
Without tender word and greeting, in my parlour.
When evening comes I often, crowned with rue,
Come to the place of our dating here,
And in my dreams I see the sight of you
And hear you crying bitterly, my dear.
* * *
Canes have started rustling on the river bank,
Princess-girl is crying with her face pale, blank.
Pretty girl has chanted ' loves me - loves me not',
The unwoven flowers down the river float.
She is not to marry later in the spring,
Goblin has foretold a very frightening thing.
Mice have stripped the birch-tree of the bark, so hard,
They have frightened girlie out of the yard.
Horses fight, so threateningly jerking their heads,
Ah, dark hair is what goblin really hates.
Incense smell is coming from the nearby groves,
Loud winds are singing their dirge-like songs.
On the river bank she sadly walks around,
As the foamy wave is spinning her a shroud.
* * *
Trinity devotions. Morning cannon rite,
Birch-trees in the grove are filled with ringing light.
Villagers are coming after festive sleep,
In the chimes of wind the heady spring will steep.
There are bands and branches on the window panes.
I will cry with flowers over grieves and pains.
Sing, you birds, lamenting, I will sing along,
We'll consign to dust my boyhood to this song.
Trinity aurora. Morning cannon rite,
Birch-trees in the grove are filled with ringing light.
I'm a shepherd, and my parlours
Are the ruffled pasture sides,
Slopes of verdant hills and furrows,
Balks, with booming cry of snipes.
Yellow foamy clouds are trimming
Pine-tree wood with lace designs,
While I listen, lightly dreaming,
To the whisper of the pines.